Approved Minutes June, 2019

Idlewyld Manor Family Council Meeting
Approved Minutes
Date: June 11, 2019 7 p.m.
Location: Celebration Room

PRESENT: Marianne Hobson, Sophie Sporbeck, Jack Graham, Rose Linton, Margaret Figliola, Ica Smith, R.C., Lori Tomasik, Kathleen Sharkey, Barb Vacon, Margaret Cross, Anne Ross-Muschallik, Arlene Holek, Marie Ehler, Beverly S., Anne Scime, Beth and Bob Hibbard, Rena Zambon, E. Clarke Miller, Edward Burns

  1. CALL TO ORDER: 7:05 pm
    GUEST SPEAKERS: Susan Hastings, Administrator and Brenda Patterson, Chief Financial Advisor at Thrive Group
  2. ADOPTION OF AGENDA:
    Motion moved by Beth
    Seconded by Jack
    Motion: Carried
  3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
    Motion moved by Barb
    Seconded by Anne
    Motion: Carried
  4. CHAIR’S REMARKS:
    5.1 Move to Make It Happen – Very successful. $9,000.00 made for IM and $40,000.00 collectively
    5.2 Successful Meet and Greet – Went well. Two new members were signed up and several people were informed about our Council.
    5.3 Memorial Garden June 9th Beautiful service wherein flowers were planted in memory of residents passed.
    5.4 Terms of Reference – Members were reminded of our Purpose and Goals.
    5.5 Code of Conduct: A copy will be at each meeting by the sign in sheet and members were asked to review the Code at each meeting.
    5.6 Report on Talk-Back Toys – These toys are no longer available. Anyone who can find another source, please share the information.
    5.7 Report on Columbia College Student Volunteers – The Recreation Department has been using students from this college for 2 years throughout the school year. Most of the students are from the far east and we have very few residents who speak their languages.
  5. ONGOING BUSINESS:
    6.1 Value Village – July 13. Bring items to Idlewyld during the week before and put in bin by the front doors or to the Value Village on Fennell at Upper Wentworth in Hamilton on the 13th at noon. Sophie secured a 16 cubic ft truck for free! ACTION: Marianne will send a list of acceptable items to members via email.
    6.2 Critical Incident Reports –Members were sent the Administrator’s answers to people’s concerns raised at the last meeting and Susan Hastings went over the answers after the budget presentation.
  6. NEW BUSINESS:  None
  7. REPORTS:
    7.1 Treasurer’s Report: After the addition of $35.00 from last month’s 50/50 Draw and the Expense of 0, there is $1286.45 in the treasury with $147.80 in cash.
  8. ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION:
    Q – Can we move vending machine on main floor as it obstructs the view? Numerous people complained. ACTION: Executive will inquire
    Q – Do all staff know procedures for critical incidents? Staff are required to do on-line training and are paid for their time. Not everyone has completed the training; however staff are required to complete it or they will be reprimanded.
    Q – Overtime shifts – Staff are not required to stay overtime, but may stay if no one else can be found to cover a shift. ACTION: Executive verifying
    Q – It was suggested that walls be painted different colours within a home area to make it easier for residents to find their rooms. ACTION: Executive will make suggestion to management
    Q – What happened to Lost and Found? ACTION: Margaret to inquire
    NOTE: Cindy Abbott is overseeing Laundry & Housekeeping and Susan Hastings is covering Maintenance until further notice.
  9. 50/50 DRAW:  Collected: $92.00, $46.00 won by Beverly.
  10. ADJOURNMENT: The meeting was adjourned at 9:15 p.m.

Next meeting:
Date: July 9th,7 p.m.
Place: Celebration Room